Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:29:27 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 9/24/19 10:02 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/24/2019 04:03 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/24/19 3:41 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:21:48 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

***** I need to sign up for Medicare in the next couple months and was
wondering if anyone had words of wisdom to offer.

And one more thing, Medicare doesn't apply when you are out of the USA,
and aiui all of the supplemental plans only apply when Medicare applies.

****** That's one thing I don't have to consider.** There is so much to
see and do
in the U.S. that traveling outside the country doesn't appeal to me.** I
have a trike and
riding that thing is a completely different experience that in a* closed
vehicle.

How do you like it? I getting close to the point where three wheels
might be better than two. The last time I picked up the VStrom it was a
lot of work. (no drama, I just lost it taking it off the center stand)

It's a 900 Vulcan. It's big enough to get me around at legal
speeds.
Or so. Cornering is a bit odd. It's more work than on a bike. I'm not

Confused. Pictures I see of the 900 Vulcan shows it as a bike, not a
trike:

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/20...an-900-Classic

really worried about rolling but the possibility exists. The temptation
to lean will probably always be with me. The storage space is sure
nice. I think I'd want a reverse
gear if it was bigger. I just try to find a spot where backing up
isn't necessary.
I put some LEDs on the rear fenders for brake lights and turn signals
for more visibility than it had. I bought it because I wanted to ride
well into old age. I'd buy a trike again if I had a do over.