Michael Korman

Default home appliance warranty

(CT) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

We got a house last year and we got a home appliance warranty with
american home shield which is about to expire now. They are asking us
to renew the warranty.

I was wondering whether it is common or recommended to have a home
appliance warranty. This warranty covers oven, range, plumbing,
dishwasher, microwave, electricals, garbage, hvac, water heater. Any
of these going wrong is unlikely but it happening cud set me back
which is quite a lot.

please let me know your opinions.

confused,

CT.

I don't think you have to put up with any crummy ONE YEAR warranty on
ANY product. Go into a store that sells and services their appliance
and TELL them you expect the appliance to last FIVE YEARS. Tell them
you want them to give you a store warranty for five years! Tell them
you'll pay them $10, $20, $30 or so for it. If they refuse to warranty
the appliance for 5 years- THAT OUGHT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE
APPLIANCE. Tell them you'll take your business elsewhere.

If more people would do that- you'll soon see QUALITY appliances with
warranties just like Hyundais (6years)