Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

Our council ban their use on their bins as it makes tipping them out almost
impossible, stuff sticks in them.
However we do have bins as tall as I am and really being a single person
I'd like smaller ones but apparently the newer vehicles can only handle this
size of bins these days. Its about time these waste collecting outfits put
their heads together and got a standard sorted out.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
Fortnightly collections and small wheelie bins have always caused a bit of
an issue, but now Rother council have decided that bottles have to go in
the re-cycling rather than a separate bin thus further reducing bin
volume. So I've been looking into 'wheelie bin squashers'

Does anyone have a good design or commercial source? Accepting the fact
that at my age I'm not going to climb inside the bin and use size 13 boots
one of the type that hook on the hinge / handle bit and give mechanical
advantage of about 2:1 look sensible, but commercial ones are working out
at about £45 and come from Germany anyway !

I invite comments from those with personal experience

Andrew