Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Electric code

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:29:54 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Also, I have a tray under the WH and a pipe that goes to the sump/pump,
but I guess I could have ladled the water out if I were smart enough to
cut not far above the water level.

The bottom of my heater was about a foot or so below grade. I hooked a
hose to it and drained most of the water to the yard. The plumbers had
a very small pump they hooked up and pumped out maybe the last 10 to 20
% of the water.

I have a sump pump about the size if a galon of milk jug and thought
about putting a pan under the tank drain and doing it that way. But
after looking it over , the plastic pans I have would not fit.

I have the tray under the WH after a previous wh sprang a leak and
watered the whole floor. Then I had to run a 2" plastic pipe from the
tray to the sump with a 45^ and 90^ turn in it. It was pretty easy and
could have been a lot more complicated.

By the way, the pump in hte previous answer is half the size of a fist.