Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 09/25/2019 06:29 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
It's a 900 Vulcan. It's big enough to get me around at legal speeds.
Or so. Cornering is a bit odd. It's more work than on a bike. I'm not
really worried about rolling but the possibility exists. The temptation
to lean will probably always be with me. The storage space is sure
nice. I think I'd want a reverse
gear if it was bigger. I just try to find a spot where backing up
isn't necessary.
I put some LEDs on the rear fenders for brake lights and turn signals
for more visibility than it had. I bought it because I wanted to ride
well into old age. I'd buy a trike again if I had a do over.

Which conversion? I've seen one that doesn't look bad but it's more like
training wheels so you have 3 in back. I've thought about a sidecar too.
DMC makes some nice ones in the $6-7000 range. I've got a DR650, a
DL650, and a Sportster so it would be hard deciding which one. Or I
could go with a Ural if we don't declare war on Russia first. I think
they've improved from being basically a new 1939 BMW.

Then there's the purpose build. The new Can-Am Ryker is interesting but
the nearest dealer is in Spokane. The Harley ice cream wagons are a
little rich for my blood.

Then there is that 'odd'. A guy tried to talk me into a test ride on one
of the Piaggio three wheel leaners but I balked. I figured if any
surprises came up I'd do exactly the wrong thing.

Supposed to snow this weekend so I'll have a while to chew on it.