Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

On 25/09/2019 19:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Andy Burns has brought this to us :
Our council has said they don't like stuff to be folded, flattened and
squashed in the recycling bin, as it frustrates the automatic sorting
equipment ..

Our council ays the don't mind boxes flattened and torn up to get more
in the bin. We don't usually generate much waste anyway, about 1/3 to
1/2 full usually when each (small size) is emptied every alternate week..

We have 240l recycling bins, but they are only collected once a month
and we are a household of 5, so both our black bin (platic bottles,
glass, tins, tin-foil) and our blue bin (paper can card) can get quite full.

SteveW