Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default House survey and electrics

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 20:50:22 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 25/09/2019 20:29, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 25/09/2019 19:33, charles wrote:

When I rewired our house in 1964, the electricity board tester
even checked that the screws on the sockets weer earthed!

Would that have been all 6 of them?

Seriously how many sockets did you fit?

yes, serious typo (1964)

around two dozen sockets - all doubles as I recall. But we left
that house in 1977, so I can't be accurate

Much better than the house I referred to. A new build (1972) which
was a 3 bed detached had 2 x 1 g sockets in each bedroom, the
lounge, the dining room and a 1g socket on the landing and in the
hallway. No idea what the kitchen had as that was the only room with
some alterations.

when we moved in, there were 4 x 15A sockets - one in each bedroom and
1 in the kitchen (a 1946 install)

2 pole fused presumably. Such setups were sometimes joined up to make 2
ring circuits, each run on 4x 15A fuses.

I suspect there were fuses on the neutal, too. Certainly no ring. Oh and
theer were a couple of 5A sockets off the lighting fuses for downstairs.

NT

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England