Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/25/2019 11:02 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

But what is the scam? Dues are $5 or less a year. That's not going to
break many people.

That people take too seriously an AARP endorsement? I don't konow how
many do but they are free to compare prio

A few years back the AARP started getting into political items that I do
not think represent older people one way or the other.

My biggest gripe was they were backing major gun control issues.

That is around the time I was just getting of AARP age. I quit looking
into them after that. Don't know what they are up to now and do not
care.

They have always been a very leftwards-leaning political action group
for far more than just "a few years".

About 20 yr ago they became truly serious about fleecing for their
political and personal agendas and formed the AARP Services subsidiary
of the nonprofit that turns over $1B/yr in revenue. Almost all of this
is from selling data and kickbacks from Hartford and the like whose
products they tout.

The CEO is raking in about $700K/yr, I'm sure the other officers are
also not paupers. No telling how much is funneled to insiders through
other means that aren't required to be reported openly.