Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Electric code

In article ,
says...

We did similar when our water heater went. It was a bitch getting the
old one up the stairs, because we have no floor drain and couldn't
get the last of the water out. IIRC the effort involved making a
go-devil and the use of a block and tackle and come-along.

Cindy Hamilton

One advantage to having my water heater outside although I doubt that
works up in the frozen north.

I figuer at my age it is well worth $ 200 not to have to deal with the
heater. I changed out a gas heater many years ago, but it was at the
end of the carport in what I call a utiility room with the washer and
dryer. The carport was enclosed so it stayed warmer in there, plus it
is in the middle of NC so no extreamly cold weather and not long at a
time. Those two guys did more in less than 2 hours than I could have
all day counting getting the heater, then carting it off and probably
several 10 mile trips to get needed parts.