Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 14:54:06 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Fortnightly collections and small wheelie bins have always caused a bit of
an issue, but now Rother council have decided that bottles have to go in the
re-cycling rather than a separate bin thus further reducing bin volume.

I can't see on their website, but will they let you have an additional recycling bin?

Otherwise they do say you can leave flattened cardboard or other recycling next to the bin in carriers or clear bags.

I don't think any of the domestic 'squashers' will do much with glass bottles, you'd need an industrial crusher to make a difference in volume.

Owain

Owain