Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 16:40:28 UTC+1, Norman Wells wrote:

We need a general election regardless of the result.

But I don't see a Corbyn government given Labour's standing in the
polls, and the complete inability of Labour and other Remain parties to
come to any compromise agreement. The Remain vote will therefore be
hopelessly split between Labour, the LibDems, the Greens and the SNP.

Why else do you think Corbyn is so scared to bring a no confidence
motion that he would almost certainly win?

Because then it;s be up to him to sort out the Brexist things which has nothing to do with himn he wasn;t in 'power' when it was decided the 'people' should vote on it, it wasn't his idea. Having a GE before 31st oct. would be a really bad move for labour, but perhaps if an extention was agreed then a GE it would give labour the chance to fomulate either another deal or to perhaps have another vote.

But as voting to join or leave the EU has been said to be a once in a lifetime vote we might not get asked to vote on it again for another ~69 years[1]

[1] How many years is considered a lifetime?
For example, cohort life expectancy at age 65 years in 2014 would be worked out using the mortality rate for age 65 years in 2014, for age 66 years in 2015, for age 67 years in 2016 etc.