Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

In article ,
says...

**I considered it for a while and the thing he denies was the advantage
of a reverse mortgage. Instead of having a house that no one wanted in
my estate, there would either be money that everyone wants, or money I
would have already spent. (I considered an annuity too, but then I'd
still be dead and stuck with a house. It's very hard to fix up your
house for sale, and to sell it, when you're dead.)

I have not really looked into the reverse morgage. It might be a great
thing for the few that do not have children or others they want to leave
money to.

I went to school with a girl that was an only child. She died around 40
years old. That left her parents with no close relative to leave
anything to. They did not need the reverse morgage thing as their
estate was worth over 5 million of cash, stocks, bonds, ect.
Had they not had that kind of money I could see the morgage.

From what little I have heard about the annuity, it is not very good for
most either.

I will just stick to the money in my IRA being handled by mutual funds
and about another 10 % more that I am playing around with myself in the
stock market. The SS and pension will pay the bills and the other money
if for pleasure items.