Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

Fortnightly collections and small wheelie bins have always caused a bit of
an issue, but now Rother council have decided that bottles have to go in the
re-cycling rather than a separate bin thus further reducing bin volume. So
I've been looking into 'wheelie bin squashers'

Does anyone have a good design or commercial source? Accepting the fact that
at my age I'm not going to climb inside the bin and use size 13 boots one of
the type that hook on the hinge / handle bit and give mechanical advantage
of about 2:1 look sensible, but commercial ones are working out at about £45
and come from Germany anyway !

I invite comments from those with personal experience

Andrew