Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/25/2019 6:54 AM, Frank wrote:
On 9/25/2019 3:25 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 24 Sep 2019 20:59:41 -0500, dpb
wrote:

On 9/24/2019 8:27 PM, wrote:

I still haven't figured out what AARP has to do with it. I get the
"AARP plan" from United Health Care and I am not an AARP member, nor
did I use them to find the plan. It was an offering presented by IBM.
(who is not chipping in a dime). Perhaps UHC put the plan together for
AARP (or IBM and maybe a dozen other companies) but they will sell it
to anyone with exactly the same terms and conditions.

He's complaining about the Hartford ripoff whole life plans AARP gets
kickback on.

AARP is a scam preying on the older generation.

But what is the scam?Â*Â* Dues are $5 or less a year.Â* That's not going to
break many people.

That people take too seriously an AARP endorsement?Â*Â* I don't konow how
many do but they are free to compare prioces.

I'm glad to hear from 2 or 3 of you that I don't have to continue the
AARP.Â* It's not the money.

I am not a member but my wife is so I am considered an associate member.
Â*I do like their magazine and news letters and have taken their online
defensive driving course and refreshers which saves money on car
insurance.Â* I would think that dues income plus regular magazine ads
would support AARP but not at the level they are as insurance peddlers.

Last data I found was 2016 -- CEO of AARP salary was $700,000

The total income from the AARP Services arm was over $1.2 billion (yes,
with a "B") from all the kickbacks and data on members they sell access to.

The $16/yr annual "dues" is peanuts--the political lobbying organization
is funded by the the subsidiaries you never hear about (for good reason
they don't advertise how they make their money to general public nor
members).

If you're comfortable supporting their political agenda, go for it, but
don't think it's just a little "mom 'n pop" outfit with a magazine or
two and a few flyers in the mail every month. They're a serious PAC in
disguise.