Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House survey and electrics and gas

On Tuesday, 24 September 2019 22:47:36 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:

This is an equitable rather than contentious negotiation.

We are trying to work out which items are genuinely a problem, and which
are just the surveyor trying to bet the price down for their client.

all the latter - one can't rule out the possibility that there is an unexpected serious problem that has not been identified by anyone.

Which is why I am asking to confirm which phrases are flannel and which
reflect real legislation.

Most houses on resale will not comply with current building regulations.

Houses built before 1900 probably don't comply with any!

That's close to the truth, yet in most respects such buildings are fine. Not so much re insulation.

NT