Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default "What Were You Like At 17?": Bill Maher Defends Kavanaugh In Fiery Exchange With Liberal Guests

On 2019-09-24 10:34 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 1:26:40 PM UTC-4, M. L. wrote:
On 9/22/2019 8:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
That said, I'm a little fed up with the whole "blackface" thing

Not surprising that a non-black would get fed up with the whole
"blackface" thing, since it's no threat to you. But I'm more concerned
with your dismissive use of the word "thing."

What kind of threat is it to anybody to put on some makeup?

It's a devaluation of the target's ethnicity and personhood, which can
result in actual harm in complex ways.

If I were to put on brown makeup, which specific target would be actually
harmed? A billion brown people who don't know I exist?

Cindy Hamilton

where i live we have red people

When I was in Zambia we had blacks, coloureds, whites and "pinkeys" -
those pale-skinned "limeys" that dared to go out in the mid-day sun -
- - -