Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default IcePower module

In article ,
says...

** The modules are a mass of SMD - so essentially non repairable by audio techs with regular bench equipment only.

.... Phil

I can promise you that if you saw several of these a month, you would have by now acquired both the equipment (cheap enough) and the skill to do this in your sleep.

Although SMD requires a learning curve, it is not difficult if the tech has decent hands and magnification.

It only took me abut 15 minutes to learn on 1206 & 0805 components, over 22 years ago. It wasn't long before I was working with 0402 and the occasional 0201 sizes which required a stereo microscope, due to my life long vision problems.

I don't know about those modules, but for about $ 500 or less you can
get set up for SMD repair. I bought the Stereo microscope for $ 200,
and a cheep hot air and soldering iron setup for about $ 70. This is a
hobby, I would spend about 3 to 4 hundred for a good hot air station if
repairing them all the time. Then a few more dollars for fine solder
and tweezers.

I watched youtube and practiced on some old computer boards. I was 65
at the time. There may be some components that have multi leads under
the device that may require lots of practice.