Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Downsizing

On 9/24/2019 11:10 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
Just Wondering on Mon, 23 Sep 2019 15:54:04 -0600 typed in
rec.woodworkingÂ* the following:
On 9/23/2019 3:14 PM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Hey everybody, let's all agree that it's 'vise' and not 'vice' in
reference to tools.
Is owning too many tools a vice?

Â*Â*Â*Â*Not really.
(I can hear it now:Â* "You can't have too many tools".)

Â*Â*Â*Â*The only time you have "too many tools" is when you have to move
or store them.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Or you cannot find the one in particular you are looking for.

Years ago I fell into that situation. I needed my saber saw for
something and couldn't find it.
So I went down and bought a new Dewalt which was a big improvement over
the old one.

i had that issue a number of times as a contractor over the years. Need
a tool right now... buy one. Tool needs repair... buy one. Often the
difference between making money and losing money as a contractor is
getting jobs done efficiently. I now have septuplets of many tools that
I really only need one of. Seriously. How many heavy duty 1/2 inch
hammer drills do you really need. LOL.