Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC problem.

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
I'll try and find out how to reset the CMOS. No idea where the manual is -
I might have to Google.

My Gigabyte M/B puts the CLR_CMOS pins next to one of the
PCIe slots. It is helpfully marked in big white capitals
CLR CMOS !!.

It is just a pair of pins with 0.1 spacing and no header
(obviously). You have to power the PC off and unplug it
before shorting the pins, so you might look for a lone
pair of pins and just short them together for a few seconds.

Since you must do this with the power off, short out all
lone pairs of pins.

My Manual says :-

"Use this jumper to clear the CMS values (eg date info
*and* BIOS configurations) and reset to factory defaults.
To clear the CMOS values, place a jumper on the two pins
or use a metal object like a screwdriver for a few seconds

After restart, goto BIOS setup to load factory defaults"

By removing/replacing the battery, I can already get to the BIOS page and
click on restore defaults. But as soon as I save the BIOS setting,,back to
the fault condition.

Found the CMOS reset jumpers. Same result.

--
*Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.