Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

"Tony Mountifield" wrote in message
In article , NY wrote:
It takes some adjustment to work out that Year 12 is what I knew
as Fifth Form and Years 13 and 14 are what I knew as Lower/Upper Sixth
;-)

That is actually off by one. The old 5th form is now called year 11,
and the two 6th form years are therefore years 12 and 13.

Year: Age
R: 4-5 (R = reception)
1: 5-6
2: 6-7
3: 7-8 (ex 1st year juniors)
4: 8-9
5: 9-10
6: 10-11
7: 11-12 (ex 1st year secondary/grammar)
8: 12-13
9: 13-14
10: 14-15 (begin GSCE options)
11: 15-16 (take GCSEs)
12: 16-17 (Lower 6th)
13: 17-18 (Upper 6th - take A levels)

Can't remember when this system started, but it was already in use when
my kids were at school in the late 80s and 90s.

Did it begin as long ago as that? I first heard of it when my nephews were
starting school in the early 2000s, so the change had taken place some time
between when I left school in 1981 and the early 2000s - and evidently not
long after I left.