Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Smart plug energy monitoring chip

On 24/9/19 11:21 am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:28:09 +1000, Clifford Heath
wrote:
Does anyone recognise this energy monitoring chip? The marking I see is
"1852AVH":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzf0km6m85c0a1s/SmartPlugEnergyChip2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/46sl5cxqapm9v4r/SmartPlugEnergyChip3.jpg

The "8" is really a "B". Try 1B52AVH instead.

I tried that too, but (see 2nd image) I'm pretty sure it's an "8".

Anyhow more searching and it looks like someone has figured it out and
ported Tasmota to it, and they call it a BL0937 (first line of text, not
second). Still can't find a data sheet but there's a driver here. Same
code for HJL-01 which looks a lot like an HLW8012 supposedly:
https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/blob/development/sonoff/xnrg_01_hlw8012.ino

It's in an Aldi (Medion brand) WiFi smart plug.

Model number? Photo? Any patent numbers in the docs?

"Medion LIFE+ Smart Plug", S85225, model number MD 93225.
It says it's compatible with Alexa and Google Home.
Similar is available he
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Smart-Plug-S85225-Compatible-with-Amazon-Alexa-Medion-Wifi-Life-Google-Home-/401785952652

I couldn't find the logo:

Me either .