Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Smart plug energy monitoring chip

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:28:09 +1000, Clifford Heath
wrote:

Does anyone recognise this energy monitoring chip? The marking I see is
"1852AVH":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzf0km6m85c0a1s/SmartPlugEnergyChip2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/46sl5cxqapm9v4r/SmartPlugEnergyChip3.jpg

The "8" is really a "B". Try 1B52AVH instead.
Some image enhancement:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/1B52AVH.jpg
Unfortunatly, I couldn't find anything with that part number using
Google search.

It's in an Aldi (Medion brand) WiFi smart plug.

Model number? Photo? Any patent numbers in the docs?

I couldn't find the logo:
https://www.elnec.com/en/support/ic-logos/?method=logo
http://www.siliconinvestigations.com/Logos/logos.htm
http://www.ecadata.de/herst/myshowlogo.php?F_SPRACHE=2

I don't know if this is the same product, but it's easy enough to try:
"Kankun Runs on OpenWrt firmware"
http://www.htlinux.com/kankun-runs-on-openwrt-firmware/

--
Jeff Liebermann