Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blink Security Camera

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 16:04:19 +0100, alan_m wrote:

No cord for power?

Ah, battery powered. I'd take that "2 years" battery life with a

very
large pinch of salt. Only 8 seconds live view or 60 seconds of

motion
detected recording/day?

And with some of the negative reviews indicating that the time taken to
wake up from sleep mode gives a perfect picture of a person leaving the
property.

FSVO "perfect picture" it only quotes "up to 1080p" . Is that 1080
native or upscaled? And with a 110 deg field of view unless some one
is fairly close to the camera they won't be many pixels for them.

Personally I'd look a PoE IP camera. I've a Hik Vision DS-2CD2432F-I
that is now rather old and discontinued but that can do 2048x1536,
goes down to 0.07 lux in monochrome mode (it can see the stars and
produce a decent image by moonlight). Has PIR and IR LED illuminator.
Not IP65 though. These days I'd expect to find 4k and HDR IP cameras
at that £100 price point.

--
Cheers
Dave.