Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Blink Security Camera

On 23/09/2019 19:15, wrote:

I haven't looked, will it run off a small lead acid?
Or off LV fed by speaker cable?

The camera doesn't appear to have any power socket. Just a battery cover
for replacing the two off lithium 1.5V batteries (£3 a set for a
reputable brand).

Both companies owned by Amazon, my impression is that this Blink camera
has similar technology to the Ring doorbell where the camera is only
intended to be fully working for very short periods. Motion sensing
doesn't appear to be based on a difference in sequential video images
but purely on the inbuilt PIR sensor detector which triggers the camera
and wi-fi to wake up. I wonder how it would cope on a sunny day where
clouds cover the sun for short periods?