Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blink Security Camera

On Monday, 23 September 2019 16:04:22 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 23/09/2019 14:31, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 11:09:25 GMT, John wrote:

Any thoughts on the Blink XT2 for monitoring my driveway? I have wanted
a camera for a while but have been put off by the need to wire up to it.
The cordless feature appeals.

No cord for power?

Ah, battery powered. I'd take that "2 years" battery life with a very
large pinch of salt. Only 8 seconds live view or 60 seconds of motion
detected recording/day?

And with some of the negative reviews indicating that the time taken to
wake up from sleep mode gives a perfect picture of a person leaving the
property. From all accounts the unit mainly sits in a deep standby mode
with some motion detection active. When motion is detected it wakes up
to transmit data and then shuts down shortly afterwards. Set the motion
detection too sensitive or mount the camera in the wrong position and
some report the battery may only last a few weeks.

I haven't looked, will it run off a small lead acid?
Or off LV fed by speaker cable?

NT