Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC problem.

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
It also has a DigiGram audio card that has balanced in outs as well as the
various digital options. And a video capture card. I'm rather wary of the
costs of updating all of those.

Have you tried removing both those cards, and shorting the
'reset cmos' pins, then trying to boot it again with minimal
hardware ?.

Found how to by Googling, but it implied all this does is cancel the time
and date settings. Which removing the battery does anyway. But tried it.

Same result.

Rather than going to the BIOS page, I just let it run, and it did boot
normally. Shut it down properly, then switched on again. Nothing - no beep.

I've bought a used identical MB off Ebay for not a lot, so hope that will
give me a few more years.

Just for info the current one is an Asus AN8-SLI Delux. Never got round to
using the RAID facility on it.

I'd be happy to buy a brand new one if I could be sure all my cards etc
would work with it. But not sure what to go for.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.