Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hedge

On Monday, 23 September 2019 13:21:51 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/09/2019 08:15, Jeff Layman wrote:

How are you going to "pull them out"?

I'm hoping they will come out if I put a chain on them and tug them with
the tractor. Trouble is they are near a retaining wall so the wall might
be damaged.

or destroyed. plus any underground services nearby
If they're 45yo you'll need some Large equipment to pull them out.
And if it goes wrong the whip-back can take your head off.

Are you going to get pros in who
will cut them down, saw/shred, and then stump grind what's left
(including the stumps of the dead trees)?

No I'll just put them on the bonfire heap.

Assuming you don't get them pulled out, stumps can be got rid of with a handheld circular saw & hammer. Not quick, but effective.

NT