Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default PC problem.

On 23/09/2019 13:09, Chris Green wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

Yes and no. Although they work easily for most things, for some pieces
of equipment that you might want to connect to, it can take trying 2 or
3 different converters before you find one that works.

That is why I now go for a brand rather than cheapie no-name USB converters.

But it's the cheap, no-name 'generic' ones that often work better in
my experience rather than needing custom drivers.

they are nearly all the prolific chip set and work with every serial
device I have including the telescope which is supposed to be fussy.