Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default PC problem.

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
Serial ports don't seem to want to die. My 6month old Dell docking
station at work for the laptop has all sorts of modern ****
(Thunderbolt, USB C connectors, HDMI and DP video connectors) and a
serial port. My gast was flabbered when I saw it on there. So a
surprising number of shiny new things still have serial ports.

Think they are still used for comms on CAD machines.
I use it with MegaSquirt. You can get USB to serial adaptors, but they
don't seem as robust as full serial.

Don't many AV amps have a serial port that allows it to be hidden from
view and connected to some other controlling system ?.