Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Reasons to leave the EUSSR

On Saturday, 21 September 2019 11:39:39 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 09:58:38 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 18/09/2019 09:36, T i m wrote:

We weren't ready
because the majority (the 2/3rds that didn't vote to Leave) didn't
have a reason to.

What a silly argument.

Only if you aren't looking at it from the bigger picture.

which big picture is that then.
We know your big picture is when 37=34=27 because all those numbers are equal to 1/3rd.

By the same token 2/3rds didn't vote for Remain.

But remaining is what we were doing already so many wouldn't see the
point of voting for what they already had?

Because that is how it has always been done.
In the last GE we didn't decide that all none voters wanted the conseratove party to win did we.
We don't say that everyone that dies on election day wanted to vote for the current party.

'Hands up who wants an ice cream' is what the actual question should
have been as only those who *want* such would then respond.

In your simple little world perhaps.

What such a question doesn't cover is those who might prefer an ice
lolly or just a cold drink.

What about those that wanted a cup of tea or coffee, what if those that wanted **** all ?

Part of managing democracy is asking the right questions to the right
people

Ah I see now democracy is about asking the right people.

MP's have a duty of care to ensure we don't hurt ourselves,

No they DO NOT.
How many people got hurt when we declared war on Germany twice.
How many soldiers voted to die in the falklands.
How many voted to die in ireland and the mainland fighting the IRA ?

like if
50%+1 want crocodiles in all local swimming pools.

In a democracy people don't have to vote if they don't want to.

As in your example hands up all those that want icecream.
In yuor world unless 50%+1 of the worlds children don;t vote for having ice cream then no child is allowed ice cream is that how it works.

We were going along a road that whilst may have had a few bends,

a few bends , that depends on who you are and your POV

generally straight and we all had a reasonable idea about what
tomorrow would be like.

Yes the young not being able to afford homes and having to live with their parents.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49787913

yes I'm betting you're doing OK so everything is OK then in a democracy if you're OK.

Then, a tiny minority

37% compared to 34%
because you can only work in single digit of 1.

of people made the statement that if we turned
of that road, 90 degrees,

where do you get 90 degrees from. Surely going in the oppersire direction ios 180 degrees.
No suprise your direction is as equally screwed as yuor so called democracy.