Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 90% Of Plastic Waste Polluting Earth's Oceans Comes From Asia and Africa

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 13:03:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/22/2019 11:38 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/22/2019 04:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
It's not just litter, though.Â* We need an incentive to develop better
everything:Â* more biodegradable plastics (perhaps from plant sources),
fuels and lubricants, the whole ball of wax.

With bee populations in decline, the wax thing might be a problem. Whale
oil isn't politically correct anymore.

While I agree with you there also has to be a greater degree of
something. I'm at loss for an appropriate word.

https://www.tatermadebags.com/

From their web site:
The world uses over 300 million tons of plastics each year, most of
which ends up in landfills €“ and sometimes in oceans and other
waterways. The plastics market is complex, and bioplastics make up only
a tiny portion of the worlds plastics.

How much energy is in those 300 million tons Most plastics are about
18,000 BTU per pound. Instead of burying it, burn it to make electricity.

On the other hand if plastic lasts 10,000 years in a landfill, didn't
we just sequester all of that carbon, virtually for free?