SQLit

Default Insulated subfloor

"PVR" wrote in message
I want to finish my basement. I am looking for a subfloor material of high
insulation capability to be placed on the existing concrete floor. I will
put standard padding and carpet on top.

Is this kind of material available? Should studs go on top or the subfloor
go between studs? How is carpet attached to the subfloor?

Peter.

How important is the insulating property? The sub floor installation could
be pretty expensive. You could just put down plywood.
I believe I would go for the heaviest pad and carpet and forget the
subfloor.

Carpet is usually fastened down by tack strips around the edges. That can be
nailed down to any flat surface.