Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default PC problem.

On 22/09/2019 16:36, Andrew wrote:
The new PS arrived. It's not that. ;-)

Stripped the thing down and cleaned everything. The Asus board I have is
known to have a problem with the chipset cooling, so removed that and
cleaned and applied new paste. Battery was at about 2v so replaced that
too.

It fired up and selected the BOIS page. But on configuring, saving and
exit, back to not firing up at all.

So looks like an MB failure?

I'd just buy a new motherboard, but this machine is configured for my
needs including a Serial port and not sure many new ones have this?

Going the same way as Firewire and parallel ports I'm afraid.

At least you can still get combo PCI cards to provide a
serial port and parallel port though. Whether the latest
bios could cope is another matter.

There is this if money was no option :-

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...cusb2328i.html

And even this one to control over a lan :-

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...etrs2321p.html

This one has a pdf on the Novatech website