Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Need to order one long replacement beam for deck, who delivers?

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 12:13:45 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 9/21/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to order online and have it delivered.. has anyone had any luck ordering a piece of lumber online, i have never done it before. How about amazon? Thanks!

You can probably call somebody but it will probably cost more than the
price of the board. One son borrows my SUV with a roof rack. Maybe you
can find a friend or family member to help. You might also be able to
tie it to the roof of your car. Put an old blanket on the roof and tie
it down front and back to bumpers and sides through front and back
windows. I did it pre-SUV.

Reminds me of the time I came across a good size bridge here. Right in
the middle was a car that was on top of a mattress, it was stuck
underneath and the mattress was smoking..... It fell of the roof of
the car ahead. Doh!