Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to order one long replacement beam for deck, who delivers?

Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to order online and have it delivered.. has anyone had any luck ordering a piece of lumber online, i have never done it before. How about amazon? Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 9:25:24 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to order online and have it delivered.. has anyone had any luck ordering a piece of lumber online, i have never done it before. How about amazon? Thanks!

What results turned up when you searched Amazon for "lumber"?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:13:28 -0400, Frank wrote:

On 9/21/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to order online and have it delivered.. has anyone had any luck ordering a piece of lumber online, i have never done it before. How about amazon? Thanks!

You can probably call somebody but it will probably cost more than the
price of the board. One son borrows my SUV with a roof rack. Maybe you
can find a friend or family member to help. You might also be able to
tie it to the roof of your car. Put an old blanket on the roof and tie
it down front and back to bumpers and sides through front and back
windows. I did it pre-SUV.

It sounds like he wants a 24' PT 2x6 and you are not carrying that on
a car and not many pickups unless the have a roof rack that extends to
the back of the bed. Call a real lumber company and they will drop it
in your driveway for about $20 assuming you are near somewhere else
they go and you can wait a day or two. I would call a marine
contractor here and get rough sawn 0.80 CCA but that might not be
available if you are very far from the coast. You usually can't have
it at all in the blue states because democrat kids eat it.