Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

On 09/21/2019 07:55 AM, Bud Frede wrote:
I read a lot of books when I was young that I didn't fully understand at
the time. It was only when I re-read them later that I understood some
things. Of course, that's still true today. Sometimes I have to go back
and re-read something to get the most out of it. :-)

I was about 11 when I saw 'Home From the Hill' with Robert Mitchum. I
thought it was a cool movie about hunting and stuff. I rewatched it a
few years ago and had a different outlook. I still liked the movie.

Reading did expand my vocabulary. I read 'The Foxes of Harrow' that was
laying around the house and enjoyed it greatly. That did lead to some
questions at school concerning how a 7th grade kid came to know about
quadroons and octoroons.