Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

On 09/21/2019 04:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Because it was the Dark Ages, we also played actual Christmas carols
(and sang them when I was in the chorus).

We did Christmas carols too. If you didn't like them you could stuff
your fingers in your ears.

December was always fun. I was in 'enriched curriculum' classes so many
of the students and some of the teachers were Jewish. Chanukah floats
around but it was usually good for a lot of missing faces for a week in
early December. Then there was the Christmas vacation. You might think
it would be back to normal when everyone got back after New Years but
then the Russian and Ukrainian kids did Russian Christmas. This year
Chanukah is on the late end of the scale, December 30, so no joy there.

It was good training for later life. It's been my experience that
despite all the schedules and implementation roadmaps nothing ever
happens in December.