Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

On 09/21/2019 09:37 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/20/2019 05:36 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/20/2019 08:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I don't know how it is now, but 50 years ago the high school had 2 main
devisions. One for those that plan on going to college and one for
those that did not . The college prep course had the higher math like
algebra and geometry, where the other courses just had what was called
general math. I assume that many other courses were similar.

Mine had college entrance kids and the business/shop kids. For college
entrance you took 2 years of Latin, 2 years of either German or French,
and more STEM subjects. The business kids took Spanish and typing.

All in all Spanish and typing would have been a lot handier in my life...

Heh. I took Latin, French, Spanish, typing and shorthand in addition to
algebra and geometry (both of which I sucked at). I agree about Spanish
and typing, although French taught me almost everything I know about
formal grammar; Latin provided the rest.

French has always left me puzzled. I prefer languages where the
pronunciation is a bit closer to the written word. In one branch of my
family the adults would switch to French when they didn't want the kids
to know what they were talking about.