Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Need to order one long replacement beam for deck, who delivers?

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 10:21:01 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/21/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:
Hi, I need to replace one rotten wooden beam on my outdoor deck. The Beams are 1-1/5, by 5-1/5 by length that is much longer than my car. There is a lowes and home depot in my town but I prefer to order online and have it delivered.. has anyone had any luck ordering a piece of lumber online, i have never done it before. How about amazon? Thanks!

Call a local lumber yard. Not everything can be ordered on line. Use a
telephone or stop in and talk to a real person. If it has to be shipped
any distance it can add hundreds to the cost for a truck delivery.

Best part, he left out the length, which is the part that's the problem.
But if it won't fit in a car, it's likely past the limit on what USPS,
FedEx, UPS etc will deliver. Which means it has to come via a trucking
company. Doing that from some place at any distance will cost a fortune.
Like you say, the local lumber yards have their own trucks and will
deliver for a far lower cost. But simplest and probably cheapest,
HD rents trucks for like $15 for the first hour or 90 mins.