Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 9:47:56 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 09/20/2019 12:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I was being somewhat ironic. My achievements with the Michigan State
Band and Orchestra Association were exceedingly modest, and I received
mostly red (rather than blue) ribbons commensurate with my meager musical
talent.

Did you get to play 'Sleigh Ride' at the Christmas assembly? Being a
blue ribbon whip cracker would be something to aspire to.

Yes, we played Sleigh Ride, but IIRC one of the drummers used a
slapstick for that effect. There was considerable envy among
the trumpet players for the guy who got to play the "neigh" at
the end.

Because it was the Dark Ages, we also played actual Christmas carols
(and sang them when I was in the chorus).

My early musical ambitions hit a snag. I said 'cornet', she heard
'clarinet' so I spent a year chewing on reeds before switching to a
flute. I still have a silver flute but I mostly play an wooden Irish
flute. I can handle six holes without all those damn levers and stuff
and the keys of D and G are good enough.

Coincidentally, I played the flute, so I've got you beat by 11.

Cindy Hamilton