Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

On 09/20/2019 12:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I was being somewhat ironic. My achievements with the Michigan State
Band and Orchestra Association were exceedingly modest, and I received
mostly red (rather than blue) ribbons commensurate with my meager musical
talent.

Did you get to play 'Sleigh Ride' at the Christmas assembly? Being a
blue ribbon whip cracker would be something to aspire to.

My early musical ambitions hit a snag. I said 'cornet', she heard
'clarinet' so I spent a year chewing on reeds before switching to a
flute. I still have a silver flute but I mostly play an wooden Irish
flute. I can handle six holes without all those damn levers and stuff
and the keys of D and G are good enough.