Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

In article ,
lid says...
Around here in North Carolina you usually start the 1 st grade around 6
years old. There is some pre school that start sooner. The 7th grade
is where it usually starts one teacher per subject. That would usually
put you about 13 or 14 years old.

Ah, so the change from one teacher for everything to one teacher per subject
happens quite a lot later in (some) US schools than in the UK. I hadn't
realised that.

7th grade is ~12 years old, not 13-14, and the change is often 6th
grade, so ~11.

I guess that my math may be off a year or so. However I think I was
thinking of how old I was at the end of the year. Finished the 12 grade
(end of school before college or entering the work force) when I was
18. So that ment I was 13 at the end of the 7 th grade or 12 when I
started.

Birthday is in April. School usually started about the 1st week of
September. Now it starts about the middle of August or maybe sooner.
The September starting in North Carolina was for several reasons.
People working on or having family farms and no air condition.

I don't know how it is now, but 50 years ago the high school had 2 main
devisions. One for those that plan on going to college and one for
those that did not . The college prep course had the higher math like
algebra and geometry, where the other courses just had what was called
general math. I assume that many other courses were similar.

---