Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default IcePower module

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 11:52:31 PM UTC-4, Mr. Charm & Warmth wrote:
Hi to all my fans,

**There's internet in hell?

just completed repairs on one of these:

http://www.sound-power.ru/files/doc/..._datasheet.pdf

Smelling a rat, I checked the AC switch on the rear panel first - blow me down, it was set to 120VAC and we live in a 240V country.

I also feel that supplying an expensive amplifier to a buyer living in a 240V country with the AC inlet set to 120V and giving NO warning is criminal.

** I've found that when an item fails, the customer will flip every switch in a vain attempt to "repair" the failure. Even though the amp failed on first use, we don't actually know where the switch was set when the customer obtained the amp. There's an even (or better) chance the customer flipped it after the amp failed.

Any comments?

**Good repair.