Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On 20/09/2019 10:37, Rod Speed wrote:
nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Not with the biggest project fear lies that all the planes wont be
able to fly the day after,

Long since dispelled by the EU stating that British aircraft would
be allowed into their airspace, even if there were a no deal Brexit.

They never said that in the runup to the referendum.

Then, nobody thought that anybody would be stupid enough to contemplate
a no deal Brexit.

Still one of the original project fear bare
faced lies in the runup to the referendum.

It was a completely accurate statement of international aviation law.

Bull**** it was when the UK had been flying
to europe ever since flying was invented.

From the 1940s onwards, we have had to have agreements with any of the
other signatories to the ICAO Convention to fly scheduled services into
or over their territories.

Aircraft on scheduled flights have to have permission to fly into or
over the territory of another country. ICAO Convention, Part I,
Chapter II, Article 6.

Pity that there is no reason for that to stop when the UK leaves the EU.

Apart from that being what international aviation law states.

At present, that permission is inherent in our membership of the EU.

More lies given that that was true even before the UK joined the EEC.

When we had specific permissions from the various EEC countries, which
were overwritten by the treaty of accession.

Without a deal or the unilateral declaration given by the EU, British
aircraft would not have been allowed into EU airspace from the Brexit
date.

More project fear lies....

As I said, it is a simple statement of international aviation law. There
is a number of, mostly African, countries that do not have permission to
fly scheduled flights into UK airspace.

--
Colin Bignell