Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT How old are you and how were you taught to read?

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:48:37 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , lid says...
At what age in US schools do they make the transition from having the same
teacher for all subjects to have different teachers for different subjects.
I think by age 9 and certainly by age 11 I had one teacher for English,
another for Math(s), another for French etc - this was in the UK.

Around here in North Carolina you usually start the 1 st grade around 6
years old. There is some pre school that start sooner. The 7th grade
is where it usually starts one teacher per subject. That would usually
put you about 13 or 14 years old.

Yes, except 7th grade was 11 or 12. Even you say age 6 for 1st grade
and add 6 to get to grade 7 and that's 12.

There are usually 3 school seperations. Grades 1-7, grades 7&8 or maybe
7,8,9. Then 9-12 or 10-12. The 9 th grade has been bounced around a
few times.

Yes, in both Penn. and Indiana the 9th grade was in the junior high
school building, but it was still part of high school. Administered
like the high school and 9th grade grades were part of one's hs record.

My home town was pop. 50,000 but now 22,000. ;-( My elementary school
closed, the JHS that was 7-9 is now grades 1 to 8, so that 9th graders
can go fill the empty class rooms in the highschooo, and I don't know
what else has changed. My old house still looks nice now. Later owner
put in AC, remodeled garage, probably fixed up basement, and the oak
tree is so big people can't see out the second story windows.