Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On 20/09/2019 09:29, nightjar wrote:
On 19/09/2019 21:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 19/09/2019 19:13, Rod Speed wrote:

Not with the biggest project fear lies that all the planes wont be
able to fly the day after,

Long since dispelled by the EU stating that British aircraft would be
allowed into their airspace, even if there were a no deal Brexit.

Still one of the original project fear bare
faced lies in the runup to the referendum.

It was a completely accurate statement of international aviation law.
Aircraft on scheduled flights have to have permission to fly into or
over the territory of another country. ICAO Convention, Part I, Chapter
II, Article 6.

At present, that permission is inherent in our membership of the EU.
Without a deal or the unilateral declaration given by the EU, British
aircraft would not have been allowed into EU airspace from the Brexit date.

A total technicality since far more aircraft would have been disallowed
over UK airspace, to and from Europe.

I the EU had tried to play silly buggers.,

Do try to keep up. They voted yesterday to allow one, without any
conditions.

Who did ?

The European Parliament. It still has to be ratified by the other member
states, but that is highly probable given that the resolution has been
passed.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-09-18/...xit-extension/

It is not down to MEPs to decide on an extesnion

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith