Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Floor trap door hardware???

On 9/19/2019 12:47 PM, dpb wrote:
Have new hardwood floor going in...access to crawl space in closet is
thru a opening in the floor as was impractical to build in other entry
and there's very little likelihood of this area needing access
anyway--no plumbing, wiring, etc.

Q?Â* It would be kewl to have somthing like a lever or handle release
with a spring load or something similar to raise one end for access when
needed so don't have to put a set of protruding handles in the floor. It
is back in a closet out of traffic area, but still would be better to be
flush.

Anybody got ideas for purpose?Â* I've not found anything yet truly
outstanding...

--

Similar problem/situation. I have a water softener brine tank in the
crawl spaced beneath a cramped laundry room. I need "constant" access

It's right where we normally kick off off our shoes and boots so it
collects a fair amount of gunk.

When I need to remove it, I simply reach down, hook my index finger
through the ring and lift it up.

It's worked like a charm so far, but who knows how long it will last?
It's only been in place since 1975. LOL!