Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On 19/09/2019 12:27, nightjar wrote:

Most predictions were long term, something that Brexiteers
conveniently forget. They claim that, as the world didn't collapse
when the vote was announced, all projections were wrong. However, to
find out whether or not they were, we first need to leave then wait
for the 10-15 years that those predictions apply to.

Its like Climate Change. Fear every other daym never dear today.

20 years later they will still be waiting for the negative effects of
Brexit to fully manifest.

We are already seeing some of them and we haven't even left yet. Inward
investment to the UK rose steadily, year on year, until the referendum.
Since then, it has been in decline, having fallen by 14% in the past 12
months alone. In January 2016, the 12 month total for jobs created by
inward investment was nearly 12,000. It has now fallen to under 4,000.

OTOH, British firms have increased their investment in other EU
countries by 12%, to counter problems that would arise from Brexit.

The value of the pound suffered a lot as a result of the referendum. It
recovered somewhat afterwards, particularly when Brexit was delayed.
Boris's committent to a no deal Brexit sent it downwards again.
Parliament voting against a no deal Brexit has seen it rally again.

--
Colin Bignell