Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K... Jim K... is offline

Default REQUEST - very rough estimate of cost of a garden wall

Dr S Lartius Wrote in message:
A friend, in his travels, has seen the garden wall shown at

and wants a similar wall to be built where he now lives.

The wall is evidently mostly two thin brick walls, perhaps with ties between, and with a sufficient layer of earth at the top between, and something to hold that layer up, and maybe drainage - most of that is guessed. In the picture, it is growing little bushes.

We would like to know VERY ROUGHLY what the cost might be for 20 metres of such a wall, with earth but not plants, so as to choose between "We can easily afford that", "We must investigate further", and "Far too expensive, we'll do something else".

Failing that, we would like to know what that sort of wall is properly called, to help with our Google/Wikipedia research.

Evidently you need to look closer, I don't see two skins...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/