Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 23:45:26 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

snip

Buy a house with a driveway/garage.

That's ok, however, many houses have several cars now and unless you
are living out in the sticks on your ill gotten gains you may not have
a drive big enough for that many cars either. 'Most people in England
are living in houses on streets that were never really / properly
designed for cars, let alone that many / house.

Where we are the road is wide enough for two HGV's to pass each other,
even with vehicles parked either side. Locally there are multiple
instances of roads that are only (just) wide enough for two cars but
some do have (often shared) drives leading to garages. I suspect very
few keep their cars in the garages any more because the garages are
two small for the cars of today, so many will have given up their
front garden to vehicle parking, trying to keep the drive clear.

The problem with your solution is that it's anti-social as you are
taking up more land than many others (but your selfishness comes as
little surprise to most here). ;-)

Cheers, T i m